101 Fun Things To Do In Lake Tahoe
The Best Things To Do In Lake Tahoe Year Round
Browse These Fun Outdoor Activities, Sports, Tours, Restaurants & Spas In Lake Tahoe
Skiing in Lake Tahoe...Click here for more
Fun Lake Tahoe Tours and Museums
Sightseeing in Lake Tahoe can be an all day adventure. There are dozens of fun things to do at Lake Tahoe, from hiking and biking scenic backcountry trails, to taking a tour aboard the historic Tahoe Queen.
- Thunderbird Lodge: One of the fun things to do at Lake Tahoe is to visit the Thunderbird Lodge. This charming stonewall estate is one of the top sightseeing attractions in Lake Tahoe. The famous Thunderbird, a 55-foot Mahogany yacht, resides in the boathouse. Featuring guided castle and water tours, this property is also open for hosting lavish parties, charity events and weddings.
- Sierra Air Helicopter Tours: Sightseeing in Lake Tahoe doesn't get better than this. Explore Lake Tahoe from a bird’s eye view. Soaring over Lake Tahoe's stunning landscapes in a private helicopter definitely makes a for a memorable experience. Offering four unique tour options, guests can choose to take a tour around North Tahoe, Sand Harbor, Emerald Bay or create their own tailored tour.
- North Lake Tahoe Historical Society: This society owns and maintains three museums in Tahoe City: the Gatekeeper’s Cabin Museum, Marion Steinbach Indian Basket Museum and Watson Cabin Living Museum.
- KidZone Museum Truckee: This is a great stop for families with young children. This museum is filled with fascinating activities for the little ones, including an art studio, jungle gym and exploration station.
3 Peaks Resort & Beach Club...Click here for more
Fun Things to do in the Water
- Birkholm’s Water Ski School: Birkholm's Water Ski School in South Lake Tahoe specializes in waterski, wakeboard, wakesurf and wake skate lessons for children and families. They provide everything you need for a fun day out on the lake including boats rentals, drivers, instructors, skis, boards, tubes, wetsuits, life jackets and fuel. Scenic boat tours and tube rides are also available.
- Tahoe Keys Marina and Yacht Club: Tahoe Keys Marina offers a variety of fun things to do at Lake Tahoe including hot air balloon rides, parasailing, scuba diving, sail boat and jet ski rentals, boat tours and private fishing charters. Tahoe Keys Marina also offers many delectable fine dining options including seafood, steak, American, Italian, Mexican and French cuisine.
- Tahoe City Kayak: Tahoe City Kayak is a convenient one-stop shop for kayak and stand-up paddleboard rentals, guided tours and lessons. They offer fun and scenic kayak tours around King's Beach, Emerald Bay, West Shore and Sand Harbor fit for different experience levels.
- Sand Harbor Tahoe: Sand Harbor is one of the most beautiful sandy beaches you’ll find in the region. Visitors can enjoy taking a stroll on one of the nearby hiking trails or eating a packed lunch at one of the shaded picnic tables. This is a favored destination among tourists and locals because you can enjoy a relaxing day filled with swimming, scuba diving, kayaking, paddle boarding, boating or hiking.
River Ranch Restaurant...Click here for more
Folks flock to Lake Tahoe every year because of its gorgeous landscapes and bountiful offering of recreational activities. No matter what your age or fitness level, there is a multitude of fun things to do at Lake Tahoe. This city boasts the best of both worlds, scenic outdoors combined with unparalleled nightlife, entertainment, casinos, shops and delectable restaurants.
Whether you lead an active lifestyle or are curious to try something new, Lake Tahoe is a great place to start exploring and pick up a new hobby. Year round, folks can enjoy a multitude of thrilling outdoor activities, scenic tours, historic museums and landmarks. Don't forget to bring your camera while sightseeing in Lake Tahoe. Though there many outdoor activities at Lake Tahoe, we have highlighted some of the best for you here.
More Fun Things to do in Lake Tahoe: Rest and Relaxation
Add this to your list of fun things to do at Lake Tahoe. Many people may get caught up in all the fun things to do at Lake Tahoe and trying new outdoor activities at Lake Tahoe that they forget to relax during their vacation. Don’t hesitate to pamper yourself after a day of sightseeing in Lake Tahoe. Below are some of the best Lake Tahoe day spas where you can unwind and enjoy a soothing massage.
A Body ReNEW Massage Spa: Located in South Lake Tahoe, A Body ReNew Massage Spa is a great option for those seeking a little rest and relaxation. The “sports massage,” ideal for easing and preventing physical injuries, can be a great option if you are feeling a bit sore after partaking in some Lake Tahoe recreation. No matter the occasion, this massage spa will leave you feeling rejuvenated and in a state of serenity.
Elements Day Spa: Also located in South Lake Tahoe, Elements Spa offers a variety of services including massages, facials, waxing and body treatments. Let your body and mind slip into a state of bliss as a professional masseuse smooths over every ache and knot in your body. Guests have the option of choosing a 30, 60, 90 minute or two hour massage.