Tahoe Keys Marina and Yacht Club
South Shore (CA)
Location2435 Venice Drive East
South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Type Boating
- Region South Shore (CA)
Features: Tahoe Keys Marina, located on the tip of Lake Tahoe, is a great spot for people to launch their own boats or rent one and take it out for a cruise. Offering stunning views of Emerald Bay and South Lake Tahoe, people can enjoy a day filled with outdoor adventures including parasailing, sail boat and jetski rides, scuba diving and fishing. Tahoe Keys Yacht Club also offers fine dining, hot air balloon rides and private boat charters.
Why We Go: Tahoe Keys Yacht Club is a great spot for locals to launch their boats and jet skis. Launch fees start at $39 and vary by size, for more launch fee information check online. Visitors to Tahoe Keys Marina have an array of outdoor activities to choose from, below are a few fun options.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides: Hot air balloon rides are a special and thrilling experience, great for celebrating birthdays and anniversaries. Tahoe Keys Marina features a hot air balloon sunrise package for $250 per person. This package includes breakfast, a boat cruise, champagne toast and souvenir. Depending on the season, hot air balloons can launch as early as 5:15am and rides last approximately one hour.
- Boat Charters: Tahoe Keys Yacht Club offers visitors a variety of water sport rentals including jetskis, power boats, pontoon boats, sail boats, wake boards, private charters, wave runners, paddle boards and kayaks. A private boat charter for large parties is also available; The Lake Tahoe Party Boat can accommodate as many as 50 people, a good option for family reunions, wedding receptions, bachelor and bachelorette parties and other social events.
- Fishing Charters: Boating South Lake Tahoe also offers private fishing charters, which include fishing poles, bait, fishing license, snacks and beverages. Fishing charters depart everyday in the morning and afternoon.
Inside Knowledge: By law all boat vessels must be inspected for quagga and zebra mussels before they can be launched into Lake Tahoe. This law is enforced by the California Department of Fish and Game and the Tahoe Regional Planning Agency and serves as a way to help keep natural waters clean and contaminant-free. Quagga and zebra mussels accumulate pollutants that harm aquatic ecosystems, including plankton, fish and vegetation.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Dine: Tahoe Keys Marina offers a dozen delectable fine dining options. Visitors have their choice of seafood, steak, American, Italian, Mexican and French cuisine. Check online for restaurant menus, reservations and locations.
- Do Inspect All Watercrafts: All vessels must be inspected before launching into Lake Tahoe. Inspection fees are not included with launching fees. Quagga and zebra mussels harm freshwater ecosystems and damage boat engines and propellers. People should always clean, drain and dry their boats. Watercraft inspection fees in Lake Tahoe start at $30 but vary depending on the size of the vessel.
- Don't Forget to Check the Calendar: Tahoe Keys Marina features special events throughout the year including the South Tahoe Wooden Boat Classic in July.
- Don't Forget Your Boat! Tahoe Keys Yacht Club offers launching and storage options. Summer and Winter dry boat storage rates vary depending on the size of the vessel. Daily storage for a boat smaller than 25 feet is $50, plus $3 in additional fees.
Tahoe Keys Marina and Yacht Club
Tahoe Keys Marina and Yacht Club Information
Office hours: 8am to 4:30pm Monday - Friday. Closed on the weekends.
When to Go:
Best to go during the Summer.
- Tahoe Keys Marina has a variety of recreational activities one can enjoy such as hot air balloon rides, parasailing, sailboat and jetski rentals, boat tours and fishing charters.
- Office hours: 8am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Launch ramp hours: 8am to 4:15pm Monday through Friday. Closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Boating South Lake Tahoe Ramp hours: 8am to 6:45pm daily.
2435 Venice Drive East
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Need a place to eat in South Shore (CA)
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Tahoe Keys Marina and Yacht Club Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Fun things to do in South Shore (CA)
Tahoe Keys Marina and Yacht Club Hotel
Other hotels in South Shore (CA).
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the web site for actual photos.