Fun Things to Do with Kids in Lake Tahoe
Kid Things to Do in Tahoe
Have fun with the kids while you're in Lake Tahoe
Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe
Ski Tahoe with the Kids
There's no need to skip out on the slopes when you go to Tahoe with kids who have never skied. There are plenty of places to get lessons to ski Tahoe and also a variety of beginner-level slopes that you and your kids will have a great time on. Here are a couple of our favorite ways to ski Tahoe when the kids are with us.
- Sierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resort: Sierra-at-Tahoe Ski Resort is one of our Lake Tahoe favorites and one of the best resorts for kids to ski at. This resort is a bit more cozy than the other ones and less intimidating. Another benefit: cheap lift tickets. You won't be paying an arm and a leg to get your family up to the top of the slopes. If your kids are between the ages of 3-6, sign them up for the Burton Star Wars Experience. You will be amazed at the progress and skill that your kids will develop during this half or full day snowboarding lesson.
- Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe: For beginner-level skiers and snowboarders, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe is the place to be. They offer a great beginner package that you and the kids can take advantage of. The package includes an all-day ski pass, rental gear and a 90-minute lesson. And for less than $70, too! Mt. Rose offers group specials for the family and plenty of small hills for beginners looking for things to do in Tahoe with kids.
Magic Carpet Mini Golf
More Things to Do in Tahoe with Kids
Tahoe is a perfect skiing destination, but there are many more things to do in Lake Tahoe than hit the slopes. Some of these are even perfect things to do in Tahoe with kids. If you're visiting Tahoe with kids, try one of these activities.
- Magic Carpet Mini Golf: If you're visiting Lake Tahoe in the summer, Magic Carpet Mini Golf is a great way to spend a few hours. The kids will have a great time trying to beat you on one of Magic Carpet's three unique courses. This is easily one of the most fun things to do with kids in Lake Tahoe.
- Factory Bike: Head to Factory Bike, pick up bike rentals for you and the family and make a day out of Tahoe's great trails! Factory Bike offers a variety of bikes for little ones and they also rent out wheeled trailers that you can pull behind your bike if your kids are too small for Factory Bike's smallest rides.
- Husky Express Dog Sled Ride: Dog sled rides are fun things to do with kids in Lake Tahoe. Kids will love petting the huskies and encouraging them on during a Husky Express Dog Sled Ride. The sleds can carry a maximum of 375 lbs., or at least one parent and kid or two.
Fun Things to Do with Kids in Lake Tahoe
Planning an upcoming vacation and not sure where Junior will have the most fun? There are tons of fun things to do with kids in Lake Tahoe and it's one of our favorite family vacation destinations. Let your kids enjoy the vast outdoors of Lake Tahoe and let your inner child come out a little too! There are plenty of things to do in Tahoe with kids, things that even you'll enjoy! Everybody in the family is sure to have a good time.
Why leave part of the family behind when you vacation to Lake Tahoe when there are so many things to do in Tahoe with kids? Tahoe's Best has tips on some of the best things to do with the kids while you're in Lake Tahoe. Be sure to check out our deals page for special offers that will save you money on your trip to make bringing everyone along a little more affordable.
Taking the kids to Tahoe for vacation and wondering what some fun things to do with kids in Lake Tahoe are? Well, luckily for you, there are plenty ways to have a good time with the kids in Tahoe! Whether it be on the slopes or off them, you'll be able to find something that you and your kids will have fun doing together.
If you want to stay on the slopes, there are plenty of great beginner level courses that your kids will have no trouble with. You can also buy them lessons. We recommend the Burton Star Wars Experience for kids ages 3-6. You can also enjoy the slopes on a dog sled ride, like the Husky Express.
Off the slopes, enjoy things like mini golf and biking the Lake Tahoe trails. Magic Carpet Mini Golf is one of our favorite things to do in Tahoe with kids, even if your kids are way better than you. We'd recommend you hold onto the scorecard though just in case Junior isn't the best math student.