Heavenly Mountain Resort
South Shore (CA)
Location4080 Lake Tahoe Boulevard
South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Type Skiing & Boarding
- Region South Shore (CA)
Features: Prime conditions await at Tahoe Heavenly Ski Resort, where the west coast's largest snow-making and grooming fleet prepares the mountain for your arrival. The trails are blasted with soft snow that's made to feel as smooth as butter under your skis.
In addition to skiing, Heavenly South Lake Tahoe has its own tubing hill with lanes, a mountain gondola that will take you on a ride up the mountain and give you gravity defying views, and ski bikes for alternative fun. The Tamarack Lodge hosts an Après ski party enticingly named Unbuckle.
Why We Go: Tahoe Heavenly Ski Resort gives you optimal surface conditions for slicing across the perfect 4,800 acres.
- The Snow-Making: The ski trails will look like heaven to your eyes (and feel like paradise underneath you). The grooming and snow-making fleet works at night to create snow so soft and sweet. The crews create about 120 inches every season. They use a snow-making system larger than the systems of the three nearby competitors combined.
- The PEAKS Rewards: Boasting free membership, this rewards program hooks you up with slashed prices on lift tickets, charging convenience for purchases on the mountain, ski school lessons, and all kinds of member-only offers.
- The Photo Services: Skilled action photographers are available at a variety of on-mountain locations. They can snap super cool shots of you cutting it up on the slopes. When you're ready for your close-up, they've got their cameras at the ready for you.
Inside Knowledge: Tahoe Heavenly Ski Resort's child care and nursery keep your youngsters happily engaged for the day. They'll be able to enjoy all kinds of learning activities and hands-on games. Whether you'd like your children to have one-on-one nanny attention or ski camp for part of the day and indoor and outdoor play activities the rest of the day, there are many different options for your children's care.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Unbuckle: Tahoe Heavenly Ski Resort's Unbuckle is the wildest party on the mountain. Let loose and down half priced drinks, mingle with the Heavenly Angels, and dance to music spun by a live DJ.
- Do Go Snow Tubing: Go flying down the mountain in a snow tube! You'll cover over 500 feet of snow and a super fun, angled 65 foot vertical drop.
- Don't Skip Meals: Eat solid meals at Tamarack Lodge. The almost 15,000 square foot lodge is home to an impressive food court with restaurants aplenty.
- Don't Miss Out On PEAKS: Rack up massive amounts of points by doing the things you already do on the mountain: getting lift tickets, attending ski school, and eating at the Lodge. With the points you earn, you can get discounts just for members and freebies on the mountain.
Heavenly Mountain Resort Lake Tahoe
Heavenly Mountain Resort Lake Tahoe Information
Mon.- Fri. 9am- 4pm, Sat.- Sun., holidays 8:30am- 4pm
When to Go:
- The varied terrain at Tahoe Heavenly Ski Resort meets the needs of skiers and snowboarders at all skill levels.
- Visitors will find everything from daytime snow sports and family activities to fun for the grown-ups at the casinos, bars, and nighttime parties.
- Heavenly Ski Resort Lake Tahoe is a dreamy place to have a mountain-top wedding ceremony.
4080 Lake Tahoe Boulevard
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Need a place to eat in South Shore (CA)
Heavenly Mountain Resort Lake Tahoe Resort Information
84 runs, 2o% beginner, 45% intermediate, 35% advanced, 3,500 vertical feet, 360 annual inches snowfall, snow making 69%, 6,450' base elevation, 7,200' summit elevation, longest run: 5.5 miles
Stuff yourself on the finest food at Heavenly Valley's Tamarack Lodge. Pick up a tray and pile plates of food onto it from the many food stations. Whether you want smokehouse tri-tip, macaroni and cheese, pulled pork sandwiches, pizza, or a little bit of everything, you'll be able to create your perfect meal here. Eat like they did back in the 50's when you make a trip to Heavenly Valley's Boulder Lodge. Chug milkshakes, nosh on patty melts, eat chili cheese dogs, and get your burger fix.
The ski school at Tahoe Heavenly Ski Resort will take you from confused to confident with the skillful guidance of pro instructors. You'll receive enough challenge during your lessons to push past what you think are your limits. The lessons are designed with your safety in mind, as well. Students of the ski school have lots of fun and pick up real skiing know-how thanks to the step-by-step instructions.
Hours & Seasons
Lift Operation: 9am - 4pm (Monday-Friday), 8:30am - 4pm (Saturday-Sunday and holidays)
Apres Ski Party at Tamarack Lodge, Daily: 3:30pm - 5:30pm
Facilities & Services
Head to Quicksilver to build your wardrobe of stylish snowy weather outfits. The fashionable visitor will love the accessories: beanies, gloves, belts, and socks. This store also carries swimwear should you wish to hop into any hot tubs after your skiing adventures. If Patagonia is more to your taste, you can acquire your outdoor gear there. Stock up on base layer thermals and mid layer clothing to keep yourself deliciously warm on the mountainside.
Heavenly South Lake Tahoe has its own ski and snowboard rental shop where you can pick up high-quality sports equipment. This shop actually has the largest selection of equipment rentals in Lake Tahoe. To get a good idea of what you're going to be using, you can see demos of the equipment before renting anything. If it's easier for you, you can take advantage of the rental delivery service where Heavenly Sports brings the equipment to you and does customized fittings where you are.
Things to do in Tahoe during the Winter
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
5.0 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Heavenly Mountain Resort Lake Tahoe Reviews
Heavenly Mountain Resort Lake Tahoe Hotel
Other hotels in South Shore (CA).
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the web site for actual photos.