Eagle Falls Trail Lake Tahoe
South Shore (CA)
South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Type Hiking
- Region South Shore (CA)
Features: Eagle Falls Trail Lake Tahoe is located off Highway 89 and is surrounded by some of the most beautiful landscapes in California. Eagle Falls Tahoe is one of the most popular short hikes in Lake Tahoe because of its beautiful cascading waterfalls, lush green scenery and trees.
Why We Go: Eagle Falls Trail Lake Tahoe is a short and moderate hike that provides outdoor enthusiasts breathtaking views of some of California's most gorgeous landscapes.
- Short Hike: Eagle Falls Tahoe is a great option for those who may not want to spend hours on a long or strenuous hike, but still want to see Tahoe's magnificent terrain. The Eagle Falls Trailhead Tahoe is approximately two miles round trip and can be completed in about 30 minutes depending on the pace of the hiker.
- Great Views: Alongside one of the most blue pristine lakes in California, hikers on Eagle Falls will see the delightful sights of cascading waterfalls, lush green mountain scenery and tall pine trees. Year-round Eagle Falls Trail Lake Tahoe offers hikers an unforgettable outdoor experience filled with breathtaking views.
- Dog-friendly:Dogs are permitted on Eagle Falls Trail so visitors can bring their four-legged friends along on their outdoor hike.
Inside Knowledge: Eagle Falls Trailhead Tahoe is particularly crowded on the weekends. Many recommend to arrive early in the morning when the trail is not as crowded for better parking. Be sure to fill out a wilderness permit before starting the trail and bring $5 for parking.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Dress Comfortably: Depending on the season and weather conditions, wear comfortable clothing and shoes. During Fall and Winter there may be snow on Eagle Falls Trail Lake Tahoe, so hikers should wear pants and a warm jacket. During Spring there may still be patches of snow on the trail, and hikers should be aware of slippery ice and wear hiking shoes with traction. During the summer, hikers on Eagle Falls Tahoe should wear lighter clothing bring plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Do Arrive Early: Eagle Falls Tahoe is a popular trail among locals and tourists and can get crowded during warmer seasons, especially during Summer. Many recommend to arrive early for a better parking spot. Also, some of the narrower trails at Eagle Falls Tahoe can become congested later in the day when there are more hikers on the trail.
- Don't Forget Your Camera: Eagle Falls Trail South Lake Tahoe has some of the most beautiful waterfalls, lakes, lush green scenery and trees. Visitors to Eagle Falls Tahoe may want to bring their camera to capture photos of the unforgettable landscape.
- Don't Forget To Pack a Lunch: There are picnic tables overlooking Emerald Bay - a great place for hikers to stop and take a break. Hikers on Eagle Falls Trail Lake Tahoe can enjoy their lunch while sitting in middle of the most lush forest scenery in California.
Eagle Falls Trail Lake Tahoe
Eagle Falls Trail Lake Tahoe Information
Hours vary on season and weather conditions.
When to Go:
Best to go in the early morning during Spring and Summer.
- Eagle Falls Trail Lake Tahoe is approximately a one-mile hike.
- Eagle Falls Tahoe can be strenuous in some areas but it is a fairly moderate hike doable for almost any age.
- A wilderness permit is needed on Eagle Falls Trailhead Tahoe, so hikers need to fill one out before starting the trail.
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Need a place to eat in South Shore (CA)
Eagle Falls Trail Lake Tahoe Trail Information
Fees$5 parking fee
ElevationApproximately 6600 feet
Mileage (one-way)Approximately one mile
Other Hiking in Lake Tahoe.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Eagle Falls Trail Lake Tahoe Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Fun things to do in South Shore (CA)
Eagle Falls Trail Lake Tahoe Hotel
Other hotels in South Shore (CA).
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the web site for actual photos.