Camp Richardson Corral
South Shore (CA)
Location4 Emerald Bay Rd
South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Type Horseback Riding
- Region South Shore (CA)
Features: Camp Richardson Corral Lake Tahoe offers some of the most classic explorations of scenic South Lake Tahoe, with guided horseback rides in the summertime and authentic sleigh rides in the winter. Experience breathtaking views and exciting paths with friends, family as well as a friendly and knowledgeable tour guide.
Why We Go: Sometimes there's no better way to get in touch with nature than to leave your car behind and to explore the wilderness of Camp Richardson Tahoe on the back of a noble steed.
- Romantic Sleigh Rides: Bundle up with a loved one and enjoy a true horse-drawn sleigh ride with delicious homemade hot apple cider and hot cocoa keeping you warm. A perfect substitute for Tahoe Camp Richardson horseback riding in the summer.
- Spectacular Views: On the two-hour journey, Camp Richardson Corral Lake Tahoe riders travel along steep trails in order to enjoy incredible views of Lake Tahoe.
- Steak Rides: For a bit extra on the horseback riding package, visitors can come back from their journey to enjoy a delicious western steak BBQ at the Camp Richardson Corral Lake Tahoe BBQ pit/patio area.
Inside Knowledge: Compared to the horseback riding options available closer to the casinos, Camp Richardson Tahoe offers a better location for horseback riding, more immersed in nature and away from the noise.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring Your Camera: The views of Camp Richardson Lake Tahoe are breathtakingly magnificent; you'll want to snap a few shots to take home with you.
- Do Make a Reservation: Camp Richardson Corral Lake Tahoe fills up fast, even with tours leaving every hour. Call ahead and book your time in advance to ensure a horse and saddle waiting for you when you get there.
- Don't Bring Your Backpack: Wearing a backpack during your Tahoe Camp Richardson Horseback Riding is prohibited, so try and leave your essentials that you don't want to lose back at your lodging.
- Don't Make Too Much Noise: Part of the joy of being out in the Camp Richardson Tahoe scenery is the peace and quiet, mixed in with the quiet trot of your horse pack. Don't ruin that ambiance for others by being overly rowdy.
Camp Richardson Corral Lake Tahoe
Camp Richardson Corral Lake Tahoe Information
9am - 5pm
When to Go:
Sleigh ride routes and access alongside the shores of Lake Tahoe are weather permitting and depending on snow pack.
- Camp Richardson Corral Lake Tahoe has been family owned and operated by the Ross family since 1934.
- In the summer months, scenic guided horseback rides are offered, while authentic sleigh rides led by Camp Richardson Corral Lake Tahoe horses are available in the winter.
- Rides wind through Camp Richardson Tahoe and offer views of both Fallen Leaf Lake and Lake Tahoe.
- Conveniently located next to historic Camp Richardson Resort.
4 Emerald Bay Rd
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Need a place to eat in South Shore (CA)
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
5.0 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Camp Richardson Corral Lake Tahoe Reviews
Camp Richardson Corral Lake Tahoe Hotel
Other hotels in South Shore (CA).
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the web site for actual photos.