Time to Hit the Links - The Best Golf in Lake Tahoe
Summertime is in full swing with gorgeous weather, great outdoor activities and inviting rolling greens. But now that August has officially started it's time for Lake Tahoe travelers to make the most of the season before the snow starts to fall again. One of the best things to do in Lake Tahoe in the summer months is to spend time at the best golf courses in the area, so hurry now before those rolling greens become rolling whites!
Lake Tahoe has long been known for its great golf selection and if you haven't already explored all of the different options, now is the time to get out there. The terrain around Tahoe is diverse and beautiful and you can find golf courses in Tahoe that are right on the lake, are high in the Alpines with views of the lake, or are even in the dryer dessert areas of Reno. Spend a week in Lake Tahoe and you will find a wide array of different courses to keep you interested.
The terrain in Lake Tahoe makes for great views while you golf, but lucky for us the courses themselves are also really awesome. With a range of golf courses from championship courses all the way to executive 9 hole courses, Lake Tahoe is a dream come true for golfers of all levels. Enjoy challenging holes and changing elevation at courses designed by famous golf course pros.
Here are some of our favorite golf courses in Lake Tahoe this summer. Just make sure to make it out here before the weather gets frosty again!
- Incline Village Championship Course: The Incline Village Championship Golf Course is designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. and is a challenging and beautiful Lake Tahoe golf course. The course is up in the mountains and views of the lake are your treat for making it to the holes at higher points on the way.
- Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course: If you are a true "Lake" Tahoe fan then this is the course for you. As the only course in Lake Tahoe located directly on the lake, Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course is a must for beautiful lake views. This course was also named one of "America's Top Golf Courses" by Golf Digest Magazine and most recently was host to the Tahoe Celebrity Golf Championship.
- Resort at Squaw Creek Golf Course: Enjoy both mountain and meadow terrain at this top golf course. The Resort at Squaw Creek Golf Course is one of the more challenging courses in Lake Tahoe with an emphasis as athleticism as well as precision. Don't let that scare you, though, Squaw Creek has clinics and classes that can easily help you take your game up a notch or two.
- Tahoe Donner Resort Golf: This rustic course in the mountains is a great place to go if you're on a budget and want to enjoy the feel of a more traditional golf course. With huge Alpines and even a few creeks along the way, the views at this Tahoe golf course are sure to keep you relaxed and entertained as you travel the holes.
- Northstar-at-Tahoe Golf Course: John Muir Graves designed this popular Lake Tahoe golf course and if you're a golf fact nut, that may be enough information to convince you to golf here! The 18-hole golf course at Northstar is great for all levels of golfers and has great packages and specials that can help you golf without breaking the bank.
If these Tahoe golf courses aren't enough for you, don't despair - Lake Tahoe has even more! With a bit of a drive you can find excellent golfing in Reno, Carson and other surrounding areas. Learn more about golfing in Lake Tahoe here.