Tahoe Donner Golf Course
Truckee / Donner
Location12850 Northwoods Blvd
- Type Golf
- Region Truckee / Donner
Features: Tahoe Donner Golf Course embodies all of the best elements of a rustic mountain course, with affordable prices and majestic scenery. Full day, afternoon, twilight, last light and 9-hole options are available to suit each golfer's particular need and budget.
Why We Go: A long-time Tahoe favorite is now even better with the recent renovation, firmly entrenching Tahoe Donner Championship Golf Course as one of the best in the High Sierras.
- Sustainability Effort: Tahoe Donner Golf Course has been a part of the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program since 1999, and takes numerous measures to support water quality and conservation, wildlife habitats, resource/waste management, and green equipment.
- Versatility: No matter what time of day it is,you are likely to find the perfect package at Tahoe Donner Golf Course. This eliminates paying more expensive prices even if your stay is a short one.
- Beautiful Sights: The magnificent mountain forest range and the always green greens at Tahoe Donner Golf Course will make your round worth it even if your score is a little higher than you would prefer.
Inside Knowledge: Tahoe Donner Resort also includes The Lodge restaurant, which offers deluxe meals at decent prices. Make sure to make a reservation to ensure a table at a reasonable time.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Become a Member: Essentially a discount for locals and frequent Tahoe-visitors, cut your fee per round in half or more compared to the public price.
- Do Check the Weather: Opening times and course conditions are highly dependent on the weather in Tahoe, so make sure to take that into account before heading to the green.
- Don't Overdo It: The ball carries farther at higher altitudes, so golfers who usually tee off at lower altitudes will need to adjust. At Tahoe Donner Championship Golf Course, a good rule of thumb is to use a club one number lower than what you normally would use.
- Don't Expect to Warm Up: There is no driving range at Lake Tahoe Golf Course Donner, so make sure to be ready to go cold turkey or to warm up somewhere else.
Tahoe Donner Golf Course
Tahoe Donner Golf Course Information
Dependent on Weather Conditions
When to Go:
All cancellations must be made 24 hours before tee time. If this time requirement is not met, guests will be charged the original reservation price.
- Set among towering Tahoe pines and trickling creeks, Tahoe Donner Golf Course is just a short drive from Donner State National Park.
- Opened for play in 1976, Tahoe Donner Golf Course has a reputation as one of the premier courses in the High Sierra.
- Tahoe Donner Championship Golf Course underwent a renovation in 2006 that was nominated by Golf Digest Magazine for Best Remodeled Golf Course in America.
- The Lodge restaurant is located within Tahoe Donner Resort, providing a convenient high-quality food option after your round of golf.
12850 Northwoods Blvd
Truckee, CA 96161
Need a place to eat in Truckee / Donner
Tahoe Donner Golf Course Course Information
- 18-holes: $50/$60 member, $65/$75 guest, $100/$125 public
- Afternoon: $40/$50 member, $55/$65 guest, $80/$105 public
- Twilight: $30/$40 member, $45/$55 guest, $70/$90 public
- 9-holes: $25/$30 member, $35/$40 guest, $55/$69 public
- Last Light: $15/$20 member, $20/$25 guest
18 holes, Par 72, 6,917 yards, course rating 72.4, slope rating of 133.
Driving range, resort and community facility, clinics and instruction, men's and women's clubs.
Things to do in Tahoe during the summer
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Tahoe Donner Golf Course Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Fun things to do in Truckee / Donner
Tahoe Donner Golf Course Hotel
Other hotels in Truckee / Donner.
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the web site for actual photos.