Donner Ski Ranch
Truckee / Donner
Location19320 Donner Pass Rd
- Type Skiing & Boarding
- Region Truckee / Donner
Features: Donner Ski Ranch Tahoe provides the classic family owned ski resort experience that is quickly disappearing in California, with affordable rates and a family-friendly environment. Located conveniently off the historic Route 40, the resort is an easy day trip drive from the bay area, and about a 15-minute drive to Truckee.
Why We Go: For an old school feel that stays true to the heart of skiing and snowboarding, Donner Ski Ranch Ski Resort keeps things simple but effective.
- Non-intimidating Environment: With less advanced and expert skiers on the scene at Donner Ski Ranch Ski Resort, beginners can feel at ease and comfortable with learning and falling frequently.
- Weekday Specials: On Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, an adult full-day pass is only $25. This awesome deal is hard to beat at any other resort in the area.
- Tubing Hill: When your knees are about to give out and your rear end just can't take any more falls, but you're not quite ready to head home yet, the tubing hill at Donner Ski Ranch Resort Tahoe is a godsend. Besides being ideal for the little ones, you'll be surprised how much fun you can have flying down the hill clutching a rubber wheel.
Inside Knowledge: Parking is free at Donner Ski Ranch Ski Resort, a stark contrast from hiked up prices at many nearby resorts.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Enjoy the View: Visitors going up the ski lift at Donner Ski Ranch can enjoy spectacular views of Donner Lake and the surrounding mountain ranges.
- Do Bring the Whole Family: Affordable rates for lift passes and lessons combine with an ample array of beginner slopes to make Donner Ski Ranch Taho