Genoa Bar and Saloon
South Shore (NV)
Location2282 Main St.
- Type Bars
$ - Dive Bar
$$ - Drinks $7-10
$$$ - Drinks $10-20 + cover
$$$$- Expensive drinks + cover
Pricing Guide - $ - Dive Bar $$ - Drinks $7-10 $$$ - Drinks $10-20 + cover $$$$ - Expensive drinks + cover
Features: Genoa Bar Tahoe brings a dose of history with their venue, having stood in the same location since the mid-1800s. Cheap drinks and a laid-back, "good old days" vibe attract both locals and tourists.
Why We Go: For those unimpressed with swanky new digs and expensive new prices, the Genoa Bar and Saloon in Genoa, NV sticks true to the old western saloon days of yore. To experience that blast to the past and not have to smoke your cigarette in a designated area, the Genoa Bar is where it's at.
- Happy Hour: Although the prices at Genoa Bar and Saloon Lake Tahoe are already very fair, the happy hour prices allow patrons to save even more.
- History Lesson: Besides the historical nature of the building and the borderline ghost town atmosphere of Genoa, the Genoa Bar Tahoe is a fascinating continuously operated western saloon that remains genuine to its roots. Legendary singers such as Johnny Cash, John Denver, and Willie Nelson have played here. Mark Twain reported from Genoa. Presidents Ulysses S. Grant and Teddy Roosevelt visited this popular dive.
- Convenient Gambling: In case you forget that you're in Nevada and not California anymore, slots and video poker machines are available at Genoa Bar and Saloon Lake Tahoe for those that want to scratch that gambling itch.
Inside Knowledge: The Genoa Bar South Tahoe still employs a wood stove to warm up the cold nights in the wintertime.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Try the Jukebox: Although slightly more modern than the rest of the building, playing some oldies really sets the mood at Genoa Bar Tahoe.
- Do Get Some Fresh Air: Because smoking is allowed inside, and the ventilation is not quite up to modern standards, it can get very smokey. If that's not your cup of tea, feel free to enjoy the outdoor seating and the fresh, cold Nevada air.
- Don't Try to Dance: The Genoa Bar and Saloon in Genoa, NV is not really geared towards the modern nightclub approach, and as such, any attempts of dancing should be reserved for the streets.
- Don't Check Out the Relics: When we say that the Genoa Bar is a historical place, we're not kidding. The oldest continuously operating thirst parlour in Nevada has some true gems on the walls denoting the days of old.
- Easy Parking
- Full Bar
- Happy Hour
- Live Entertainment
- Outdoor Seating
- Private Parties
- Small Atmosphere
- Specialty Beers on Tap
- Smoking Allowed
- Wine Bar
Genoa Bar and Saloon
Genoa Bar and Saloon Information
2282 Main St.
Genoa, NV 89411
Hours of Operation:
Vary; Call for Current Hours
- Genoa Bar and Saloon Lake Tahoe resides in a building from the old wild west, built in 1853.
- Genoa Bar Tahoe has been used in the filming of numerous western movies.
- Special events such as weddings and office parties are available for booking at Genoa Bar and Saloon Lake Tahoe.
- The Genoa Bar and Saloon Lake Tahoe is a cash only establishment, so make sure to go to an ATM beforehand.
Hungry? Check out these South Shore (NV) restaurants.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Genoa Bar and Saloon Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Fun things to do while you're in South Shore (NV)
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the venue's web site for actual photos.