Tahoe Donner Ski Resort
Truckee / Donner
Location12790 Northwoods Boulevard
- Type Skiing & Boarding
- Region Truckee / Donner
Features: Tahoe Donner Ski Resort is the ideal place for beginners and families with young children to learn how to ski. People can get personal lessons from a trained skiing instructor and build their confidence while riding down a bunny slope. Tahoe Donner Ski Area provides lots of open space for beginners and young children to maneuver freely and safely around snowy hills. Ski Tahoe Donner Lake Tahoe also features many daily discounts and deals on lift tickets for children and adults.
Why We Go: Tahoe Donner Ski Resort offers 14 runs, 120 acres of skiable snow and three terrain parks. Full day ski and snowboarding equipment rentals are available for adults and children. Check online for daily deals and discounts on lift tickets. Kids younger than 6-years-old and adults older than 70-years-old ski for free everyday at Tahoe Donner Ski Resort.
- Downhill Ski: Adults can purchase all day lift tickets to ride and ski around the park's slopes for $41 and $21 for children ages 7 to 12. Half-day lift tickets, after 12:15pm, cost $32 for adults and $14 for children ages 7 to 12. Downhill ski lessons are available for children ages 3 to 6 from 9:30am to 12pm and 1pm to 3:30pm.
- Cross Country: Adults ages 13 to 59 can purchase all day lift tickets for $25 and tickets for seniors ages 60 to 69 are $19. Lift tickets after 1pm are $20 for adults ages 13 to 59 and $16 for seniors 60 to 69. People younger than 12-years-old or older than 70-years-old ski for free.
- Snowplay Area: Tahoe Donner Ski Area features a special snowplay area, perfect for sliding down in a giant inner-tube. The entrance fee for adults and kids older than 13-years old is $15 and $9 for kids ages 4 to 12. Admission to the snowplay area includes a sled and tube rental. This area is open 1:30pm to 4:30pm on Fridays and 9:30am to 4:30pm on weekends.
Inside Knowledge: Tahoe Donner Ski Resort is primarily a beginners slope, ideal for those who are skiing for the first time and younger children. Those who are more experienced and like to feel the thrill of skiing down black diamond trails may find themselves a little bored. Although there are several trails ranging from easy to moderate, many experienced skiers have admitted Downhill Ski Tahoe Donner is a beginners slope.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Arrive Early: Although there are four parking lots at the base of the mountain, they usually fill up quickly. A free shuttle service is provided from the parking lot to the base of the lodge. Once guests arrive they can precede to the ticket and information office for lift tickets, lessons and equipment rentals.
- Do Check Out the Private Amenities: There are a few private amenities also available at Tahoe Donner Ski Resort including the Trout Creek Recreation Center. Open daily from 6am to 10pm, guests have their pick to the weight room, cardio room, stretching room, fitness classes, recreation pool, lap pool, steam room, dry sauna, spas, massage and personal training. Entrance fees for guests are $8.
- Don't Forget to Check for Deals: Tahoe Donner Ski Area offers many daily discounts available online. Midweek Local's Discount runs Tuesdays through Thursdays, residents from Truckee, North Lake Tahoe and Reno with a valid ID can purchase adult lift tickets for $21 and child lift tickets for $13.
- Don't Forget to Check the Calendar: Monthly special events are planned through out the year at Tahoe Donner Ski Resort including Snow Carnival, Winter Beach Party, Banana Split Extravaganza and the Tahoe Donner Family Challenge.
Tahoe Donner Ski Resort
Tahoe Donner Ski Resort Information
Open daily 8am to 4pm
When to Go:
Best to go during the Winter.
- Tahoe Donner Ski Area lift operating hours are 9am to 4pm.
- Tahoe Donner Ski Resort rental shop hours are 8am to 4:30pm.
- Ski Tahoe Donner Lake Tahoe includes 14 runs, 120 acres of snow and three terrain parks.
- The park is ideal for beginning and intermediate skiers.
12790 Northwoods Boulevard
Truckee, CA 96161
Need a place to eat in Truckee / Donner
Tahoe Donner Ski Resort Resort Information
Ski Tahoe Donner Lake Tahoe includes 14 runs, 120 acres of skiable snow and three terrain parks. The terrain rating is 40% beginner and 60% intermediate.
Snowflakes Ski School (ages 3-6)
This 2 hour session is designed to give young children personalized instruction. The class includes ski equipment and an all day lift ticket. Downhill ski lessons for children ages 3 to 6 are available from 9:30am to 12pm and 1pm to 3:30pm. There must be a parent/adult guardian on site at all times.
Ski and Snowboard Lesson Packages
These packages include a 2 hour group lesson, all day lift ticket and skiing equipment, including helmet and skis.
Adult and kids lessons are offered for cross country skiing, mid-week lessons are held at 10am and 1:30pm for striding and 12pm for skating. Private lessons are also offered at Tahoe Donner Ski Resort.
Hours & Seasons
- Lift Operating Hours: 9am to 4pm
- Tickets and Reservation Hours: 8am to 4pm
- Rental Shop Hours: 8am to 4:30pm
Facilities & Services
The Tahoe Donner Resort features downhill ski, cross country and a snowplay for guests during the Winter months. Golf, equestrian, camping, hiking are more common during the Spring and Summer when the weather is warmer. Private amenities include fitness classes, massage spa, day camps, beach club, aquatics, tennis and biking.
Rental and repair shop is located at the base of the Tahoe Donner Lodge. The shop offers quality equipment for children and adults. Ski equipment can be rented daily from 8am to 4:30pm, prices vary for kids and adults. Ski, snowboard and telemark equipment rentals are $37 for children and adults ages 13 to 59. Ski, snowboard and telemark equipment rentals are $28 for kids younger than 12 and adults older than 60. Demo skis are $45 for both children and adults. Helmet rentals are $8.
Things to do in Tahoe during the Winter
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Tahoe Donner Ski Resort Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Fun things to do in Truckee / Donner
Tahoe Donner Ski Resort Hotel
Other hotels in Truckee / Donner.
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the web site for actual photos.