Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area
North & West Shore (CA)
Location925 Country Club Drive
Sunnyside-Tahoe City, CA
- Type Skiing & Boarding
- Region North & West Shore (CA)
Features: Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area, located in Tahoe City, is an affordable option for large groups and families. This Lake Tahoe ski resort offers affordable daily trail passes and rentals. Featuring 19 trails, Tahoe XC Ski Area offers something for almost every age and experience level. It is also one of few ski resorts that has designated dog friendly trails. During the ski season, Tahoe XC Ski Area hosts a list of special events, parties and races. The Great Ski Race, a 30 kilometer race from Tahoe XC to Truckee, is a popular event among locals and tourists every year.
Why We Go: Tahoe XC Ski Area is a great place for enjoy Lake Tahoe Cross Country Skiing because its well groomed trails that twist and turn around beautiful white fir and tall alpine trees.
- Ski School: Build your skiing confidence and learn how to safely glide, turn and stop in ski school. Lake Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area provides beginner skiing lessons for children, adults and seniors. Tahoe XC Ski Area lesson packages include a group lesson, ski rental and trail pass. Free beginning skate ski lessons are available Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. Reservations are required, guests are advised to call ahead of time.
- Dog Friendly Trails: Bring your beloved pooch along to Tahoe XC Ski Area for only $4. Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area features 8 km of dog friendly trails. Skiers and their dogs must stay on the designated Special Green and Blue trails. Owners need to clean up after their dogs, free small waste bags are provided on site as well as garbage cans. Skijoring, being pulled by your dog as you ski, is not allowed at Tahoe XC Ski Area.
- Special Deals: Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area features several special discounts including free beginning and intermediate skate ski lessons and beginning XC ski lessons. Visitors can buy all day passes for $12 on Tuesdays. Frequent skiers and groups can buy a 10 day pass for $169.
Inside Knowledge: Folks who buy a season Tahoe XC Ski pass before July 6 can save more money. The season pass includes unlimited skiing, two complimentary guest passes, free and discounted ski improvement clinics, discounts to special events, meals and more!
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Stay Nearby: There a few lodging options near Tahoe XC Ski Area where visitors can stay including Granlibakken Resort and Lodge. Offering spacious luxury rooms, suites and two bedroom townhouses, Granlibakken Resort and Lodge is a great choice whether you’re traveling solo or with a large group of family and friends. If you’re staying in Tahoe for a few days or weeks, renting a North Lake Tahoe Vacation Home may be a better option. Waters of Tahoe Vacation Rentals, features pet-friendly properties with beautiful lakefront views.
- Do Stop For Lunch: Take a break from the slopes and refuel at the Free Heel Cafe. Enjoy a tasty breakfast burrito (served all day) and hot cocoa. Skiers also have their choice of cold sandwiches, wraps, panini, smoothies, hot espresso drinks, tea, coffee and other refreshing beverages.
- Don’t Wear Cotton: Skiers should wear light layered clothing and avoid cotton shirts, sweaters and jeans because they absorb water and moisture and do not dry quickly. DO bring sunglasses, gloves, hats and sunscreen.
- Don’t Forget Your Gear: Tahoe XC Ski Area has a rental shop for those who don’t own skiing equipment. Tahoe Cross Country Ski Area offers affordable all-day ski, boot and pole rentals, as well as skate skis and snowshoes for children and adults.
Tahoe XC Ski Area
Tahoe XC Ski Area Information
Hours: 8:30am-5pm, mid-December to mid-April, seven days a week
When to Go:
- Lake Cross Country Ski Area offers 65 kilometers of machine groomed trails, ideal for Nordic skiing in Tahoe.
- Lake Tahoe Cross Country Skiing has 19 scenic trails, which include easy, more difficult and most difficult.
- Tahoe XC Ski Area features an on site cafe, two warming huts and ski rental shop.
- Tahoe XC Ski Area is one of few ski resorts that has designated dog friendly trails.
925 Country Club Drive
Sunnyside-Tahoe City, CA 96145
Need a place to eat in North & West Shore (CA)
Tahoe XC Ski Area Resort Information
Nordic (Cross Country)
Tahoe XC Ski Area spans approximately 3500 acres and includes 65 kilometers of machine groomed trails. There are 19 individual trails for skiers and snowshoers, divided into ⅓ beginner, ⅓ intermediate and ⅓ advanced. The Blue and Special Green trails (8 kilometers) are specially designated trails for dogs. Tahoe XC Ski Area receives approx. 300 inches of snowfall yearly. Summit elevation 7300 ft., base elevation 6550 ft., vertical drop 750 ft.
Beginning ski lessons are helpful for novice skiers or children skiing for the time. During the lesson, folks will learn about equipment safety, how to balance, glide and stop on skis, how to hold poles and navigate through different terrains. Rates for ski lessons vary by age group, but free beginning skate ski lessons are offered Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
Hours & Seasons
Hours: 8:30am-5pm, mid-December to mid-April, seven days a week.
Facilities & Services
Tahoe XC Ski Area has its own ski rental area, ski school for adults and children, two warming huts and restaurant cafe, where visitors can enjoy warm snacks and beverages.
Tahoe XC Ski Area offers affordable ski and snowshoe rentals for children and adults. Rates vary by age and time of day. Special twilight deals are also available after 3pm.
Things to do in Tahoe during the Winter
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Tahoe XC Ski Area Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Fun things to do in North & West Shore (CA)
Tahoe XC Ski Area Hotel
Other hotels in North & West Shore (CA).
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the web site for actual photos.
Need a place to stay? Check out these nearby hotels
North & West Shore (CA)
One of the most affordable and convenient North Tahoe motels
Address: 201 Carnelian Rd Carnelian Bay, CA 96140
AAA Four-Diamond, full service, luxury resort at the base of Squaw Valley in North Lake Tahoe.
Stay & Play at The Resort at Squaw Creek $75 Daily Resort Credit
Address: 400 Squaw Creek Rd Olympic Valley, CA 96146
Truckee / Donner
Luxurious accomodations slope side in the new Village at Northstar™ and at Old Greenwood, Lake Tahoe's premier four season resort community.
Address: 4001 Northstar Drive Truckee, CA 96161
North & West Shore (CA)
Franciscan Lakeside Lodge Tahoe Offers Separate And Private Lodging.
Address: 6944 N Lake Blvd Tahoe Vista, CA 96148
North & West Shore (CA)
Plan Your Next Event at Granlibakken Conference Center and Lodge Lake Tahoe
Address: 725 Granlibakken Road Tahoe City, CA 96145